Elliptical Trainer

Good Day

I do cardio five times a week on my elliptical trainer at home with weight training three days included, is this sustainable to burn the fat especially around the bum area?

It may be enough to lose weight - that is unfortunately a question that I can't answer accurately, because there are too many factors affecting it to be able to say yes or no. There is diet, your current weight, the intensity of your exericse training, the volume, the frequence, genetics etc.

So many factors affect it that it is therefore a guess. Looking at each one individually helps though. In your case, the volume and the frequency of training are not too bad - 5 days a week is good, between 30 and 45 minutes per session is also very good. So that means you are doing the right number of sessions, I would imagine the duration is about right too.

The missing ingredient, often, is intensity. It's difficult to measure intensity but many people make the mistake of either going too hard, or too easy. Too hard leads to injury, too easy leads to slow progress. So you have to find a balance. Generally, 45 minutes of exercise that leaves you feeling tired by not exhausted is good. that's what you aim for.

So my assessment of your programme is that it MIGHT work. Again, there are factors outside exercise that can easily undermine your plans, and so just be aware of this and make sure that diet is optimal.