elevated vit b12

what causes a very hihg vit b12 0f around 1000 if all your other blood results are basically normal apart from slightly small red blood cells? I' ve also had two episodes of very bad palpitations with my pulse fluctuating from 80-130 in a few minutes together with SOB during these attacks. i' m 34 and not taking any supplements or meds apart from calcium with magnesium and vit d for osteoporosis. i think i' m underweight with a bmi of around 16 or so and have lost about 5-6kg in the last few months. please help.

The abnormal high Vitamin B12 can usually be due to an overdose of Vitamin B12 supplements and injections or an inability of the red blood cells to absorb Vitamin B12. This in turn will cause very large red blood cells and not small cells.

Your case is quite interesting and I suggest that you consult your doctor to do further tests to explain the abnormal high Vitamin B12 levels, as well your weight loss and your very low BMI. I apologise for not being able to shed light on your problem.

I will appreciate feedback from you.