Question
Posted by: Delroy | 2008/08/10

Elevated Liver Enzymes

I have recently had my liver function tests done and found that my ALT `S are above 40. What is the best and quickest method to bring this under control as it is a pre-requisite for an employment opportunity. All the other sections of the LFT`S are within the prescribed parameters.I have already ceased all alcohol intake and am on a diet coupled with daily gym exercise.My BMI was +33 i am now down to 29.5. I am presently on Legalon medication.

Delroy

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I confirm that you continue with your diet, exercise and refrainment from alcohol, as this will eventually lower your ALT's. There is no quick cure for raised ALT's. You can however, ask your pharmacist about an available liver tonic.

Kind regards