Question
Posted by: sandra | 2008/07/04

electro convulsive therapy

hey all. last time we spoke i was totally down. the reason: i was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder on top of the adhd, ocd and bipolar. it is hell scary. i didn't even know a person's brain could be so screwed up. since the meds have been changed i feel much better. but i wonder if ect will help me a bit? maybe make the above a bit more bearable and manageable with meds. has anyone been for ect and what are your views on this subject. cs i would appreciate if you could explain to me exactly how it works. thanks

love sandra

Of course it was scary. I found that the more one studies brains work, in anatomy, chemistry, psychology, etc., the more remarkable it seemed that most of us function more or less reasonably much of the time. Im delighted to hear that you're feeling much better --- and thanks for giving us the feedback.
SOme people, reasonably, don't like the use of ECT at all. Others with some good reason, give it a small place i treatment, but only in specific situations, and it woudn't be likel to help borderline or adhd, for instance.