Posted by: Maryna | 2012-03-18

Electric shock sensation

Dear Dr,
I have been getting strange sensations in my brain which feel like very light electrical shocks. These are not painful, but I am concerned that it may be related to a reduction in myelin sheething around the neurons in the brain. I''ve had an EEG done but nothing was indicated. Is this normal or do you think I should consult a neurologist?

I do suggest that you consult a neurologist, as you have atypical symptoms. You should not be too concerned, until your consultation with a neurologist.

Posted by: Morne | 2012-04-12

It sounds like " brain Shivers"  or " brain zaps" . I also suffer from it, but its due to my chronic meds. Google the above.

Reply to Morne