Question
Posted by: kek | 2010/02/08

electric shock

I dont know how to explain this, but just before i go to sleep, I get this strange feeling down my left hand side (arm and Leg) like an electric shock. My arm feels funny after this although it only happens for seconds. I have migraine and get the numb arm and spots in the eye i do take tabs for this condition Pizotifen. I dont know if this is related, but i dont think it is. This is really worrying me that it is a warning for a stroke.

Afraid Kek

Expert ImageSleep Expert

The technical term is "hypnic myoclonus". It is a reflex which is triggered in the spinal cord. It is regarded as a normal variant, and has no significance as far as disease is concerned. It does not have any relationship with stroke.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010/02/09

Reply to Sleep expert