Posted by: Zzzz | 2009-02-06

Electric shock

Dear CyberDoc

At work, every time I touch the handle of our office door, the metal blinds, or even if I touch the metal surrounding the control knobs of the old air-conditioner I get a small electric shock.

Out of the whole office this only happens to me. Everyone tells me that I should get more iron in my diet.

Could that be the problem?

Thank you for visiting

You are obviously more prone to static electricity, so I suggest that you do not touch these objects. There is however, no pathological explanation for this. To set your mind at ease, you can have blood tests done, to exclude anemia (iron deficiency).

Posted by: ZzZ | 2009-02-06

This happens to my boyfriend all the time too! He refuses to take parking tickets out of the machines cause he get shocked every time and I never do.

Reply to ZzZ