Question
Posted by: Lucy | 2010/08/18

Electric Blanket

Hi Doc.

Can you perhaps tell me if it is unhealthy to sleep with an electric blanket all night and on the highest temp.?
Unhealthy or harmfull?
Since winter began I have been using it and its bee the best thing ever.
The other thing is before the electric blanket I used to shock often, like if I touch someone and then you get that shock right.
Since using the blanket everything has been shocking me. I can be walking a meter away from a divider or something and like an electric wave would come flying over to me and shock me and let me tell you these are not little shock it really hurts lol!
I can live with the shocks though as long I''m nice and warm at night.

Hallo Lucy
You should not sleep with your electric blanket on. Except for the risk of fire/burns, it really dries out your skin and the electromagnetic field it causes are 5 - 20 times higher than the Environmental Protection Agency's proposed safe level of exposure - which may potentially play a role in development of cancers.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/18

Hallo Lucy