Question
Posted by: aasiyah | 2010-12-07

elbow pain

i noticed abt 4months ago that when carrying pakets in my left hand,my elbow wud start to pain..
i left it lyk tht bt now the pain is getting worst, i thn went to the dr who gave me panamor tablets to take n told me to come back in 10 days time. bt the pain was worst and evn thru the pain tablets it didnt help and i cudnt even sleep . he sent me for xrays, its shows thers sum kind of small bone thts nt ryt or so he says, and told me to put my arm in sling for 10 days and take Naproxen tablets. then if the pain doesnt go away he will inject cortisone into the bone and if tht doesnt work then he will refer me to a bone specialist..
i jst want to no does what he says sounds ok or shud i rather just go and get a second opinion one time,?
thnks ,

Hallo Aasiyah
You may have something like a "tennis elbow" and I think you should also let a physiotherapist have a look as they can treat this very effectively. See also http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/tennis_elbow.html

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-12-07

Hallo Aasiyah