Question
Posted by: Nicki | 2010/11/09

Elbow pain

Gradual onset, inner aspect of elbow, pain on flexing and weight bearing, burning sensation, sometimes throbbing sharp pain at rest, now worsening and shooting pain in elbow, on making a fist. Use arm a lot during sailing, rope pulling, etc. 49 year old female. Repetitive strain injury? Can I leave it until another 3 months before I have it looked at, if I wear a support and try to rest it as much as possible? Can I do permanent damage? Thanks!

Hallo Nicki
It sounds like a tendonitis or bursitis and the sooner you treat this the better. I would suggest physiotherapy, anti-inflammatory medication and the correct support (your physio should also be able to help you with this)
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/11/09

Hallo Nicki
dr Bets