Question
Posted by: Rob | 2010/07/06

Elbow pain

Dear Doc

I have elbow pain for the past 2 weeks. Especially during the night. It feels like the muscle around the elbow that is very sore if I turn my arm in certain ways. I am a plumber and work physically very hard. I have heard of the term " tennis elbow" , could it be that? What should I take to sort this out, I have been taken Neurofen for the past 2 weeks, but there is not a huge change in the sore elbow.

Please help.

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

Yes, tennis elbow is certainly one of the most common causes for elbow pain.
It is a tendinitis of the extensor tendon on the lateral part of the elbow. If you have tried to use the pain killers the next best option is to see an orthopedic surgeon to confirm the diagnosis and have a cortisone injection into the painful area- that is often most helpful

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010/07/11

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum