Posted by: Lucy | 2011-11-28

Elbow injury

Hi doc!

3 months ago I ran into the house to answer the phone and tripped on a doorstop and fell straight on my elbow. After 2 weeks of pain I decided to consult my doctor. She sent me for x-rays which revealed no broken or cracked bones but she said there was a fluid build-up around the joint and gave me daily exercises to do.

After 3 months of attempting to straighten my arm my elbow still hurts and ''wobbles'' when I stretch it too far.

Is there anything I can apply to speed up the healing process? Should I go for another x-ray?

Kind Regards

I suggest that you consult an orthopedic surgeon for an examination, as it is possible that you have severely injured a tendon or soft tissue in your elbow. In the interim, you can apply Transact patches to your elbow to alleviate the pain. This is available over the counter.