Question
Posted by: magda | 2009-11-04

ejaculatory failure

Good day, I want to find out what the chancs of me becoming pregnat with my husband sperm, my husband has ejaculatory failure due to diabetes, and we are think of seeing a urologist what' s the chances of him having healthy sperm as he' s been a type 1 daibetic for 12 years now. we realy want a baby of our own. thanks for your time

Dear Magda

In your particular case there are two issues that needs to be worked out, one is that your husband suffers from ejaculatory failure and the second important fact if he has any sperms are the sperms of good quality because it is quite well know that diabetes can effect sperm quality. If there is absolutely no ejaculation taking place or if the sperms are of poor quality then falling pregnant on your own would be quite difficult. You may require assisted reproductive techniques such as in-vitro fertilization with or without ICSI. So the first step is to find out if there are any sperms and if the quality is of good potential or not.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2009-11-18

Dear Magda

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert