Posted by: Anon | 2009-06-24

I have a problem. Sometimes when me and my girl have sex I can control my feeling of ejaculation and ejaculation itself for a while, just long enough for my girl to be pleased. But lately I have a problem. We have some foreplay etc, and as soon as it comes to a point where I enter her, about a minute or sometimes less, I get the urge to ejaculate and I have to pull out. This is really effecting me phsychologically as I feel I cant please my girl, and Im too exited, and less of a man etc. Why does this happen? What can I do to fix this problem? Can it be stress related?

Two minutes is about right - it's the average time a man takes to ejaculate, but due to the differences between men and women, many men choose to learn to delay their orgasm in order to try to give more penetrative pleasure to female partners. Whilst you have previously managed to do this, it may have been through will power that you have been able to delay ejaculation previously and you now have to learn more active methods. Stress can impact on your ability to delay orgasm (it hampers all our other abilities, so too can it interfere with sexual function), as can reduced frequency of sex affect your ability to control ejaculation. Whilst a low dose anti-depressant (SSRI) can help as one of the side effects of these drugs is to delay orgasm, the benefits will stop as soon as you stop taking the it is a short term aid.

The best way to learn this would be through masturbation where you learn recognise your physical signs of excitement (e.g. heightening sensation, a sensation in your testicles, heart rate) and at which point you need to ease off before it's too late (i.e. when the 'twitching' begins, it's probably too late). One way to help with this would be to try scoring your excitement on a scale of 0-10, with 8 being the point at which there's no turning back. When you get to about 5 or 6/10 you need to start using delaying strategies. For example: slowing or changing the rhythm of the friction, trying to take some deep and slow breaths, and try tensing your pelvic floor muscles as if you are trying to stop the flow of urine. Once your arousal has reduced somewhat (e.g. to about 3 or 4/10), you can resume stimulation and repeat this process several times before allowing ejaculation to take place.

A trusted partner could be a great help by coaching you through this, asking where you are on the scale, and encouraging you to use the strategies suggested. You stimulate yourself for the first few practice rounds (i.e. over days or weeks) and then once you have had some success, perhaps your partner could stimulate you, but she must slow down as and when you says to do so. Once you've gained confidence like this, you could move onto trying this intravaginally. This is likely to be much more difficult because of the sensations (warmth, moist) of the vagina so you should maybe slow your arousal down earlier than 5 or 6/10 to begin with. The best position to learn this would be with your partner on top so that you can focus all of your attention on your sensations, but you must remember to direct your partner to slow, stop, or start again as you need.

It's really important that these are 'exercises' though, and not 'sexual acts' as normal, otherwise you will feel more pressure to perform and your partner may feel frustrated - neither of these will help you with this learning process.

Good luck and enjoy!

Posted by: pp | 2009-06-24

I had the same problem when I just got married, the following work for me and we still love it.
Your gf must lift her legs as high as possible, even put it up your shouilders, when you penetrate you go in as deep as possible, you push in till your balls is the only ones out, now you move your-|-very slowly, let her first have a orgasm, then you can move faster, till both of you have a orgasm, this is very awsome for both of us, hope it will also help you.

Reply to pp