Question
Posted by: Sam | 2009-02-23

Ejaculation

My boyfriend and I have been seeing each other for over a month now. He has no problem getting an erection, but cant seem to ejaculate. We have tried many times and he has only ejaculated on 1 occassion. We not sure if its a medical condition or whether its stress related. He has been having to deal with alot of emotional and work related stress lately.

Sam

Dear Sam
The causes could be due to medication and their side effects (antidepressants, tranquilizers, antihistamines may cause ejaculation problems), alcohol or other drugs, some diseases like diabetes, anxiety or depression. Worrying about it may worsen the condition and even cause impotence. He can go to his GP for a medical check up to exclude any medical causes, but otherwise I think you should try to avoid putting any pressure on him to "perform".