Question
Posted by: confuzed | 2010/06/24

eish

I was with my ex for three years. we were engaged as well. things started getting a bit rocky and we started fighting alot. i felt like i was losing her and as much as I tried to stop my self the controlling part of me came out (trying to hang on) she ended the relationship about two months ago and there have been a couple of incidents where we have gotten a bit close again. she says she still loves me. and what we had was special. Now this is the hectic part. I found out last night the she was seeing someone els for almost a year while we were still together. its given me a bit of closure as I now understand in some strange way why i felt like i was losing her
and why i was acting the way i was. which was the primary reason why she said she left me. I had changed i know. but in my mind rightfuly so. the even more hectic part is I still find myself wanting to resolve this. I still want to try and make things work. am i crazy. We have a child together as well. 2 years old. she also has a child from a previous marrage. which I love to bits. I really dont know what to do with myself. I think im going mad.

Sadly, often the way you try to keep someone is what actually ensures you lose them. If you both actually think it possible to work things out and actually want to do so, then you'd need to consider seeing a couples / relatonship counselor together and work together to see if this is realistically possible

1