Posted by: RED IN DA FACE | 2013-02-05

Hi CS!

Hope you''re doing well.

I''m in a fix at work, dont know what to do. One of my colleagues said something bad about a fellow colleauge on an e-mail to me. This somehow got out and our Director was notified. I''m in no trouble as i never said anything bad, i''m just embaressed as this was a private e-mail that got out.

I hve definately learnt my lesson and will bever abuse my work e-mail for such things. My question now is, do i apologize to the offended colleague or just let it go? I know i now look like a " skinderbek"  so anything i say wont change it.

Your Thoughts?

Obviousl, thi is embarrassing, but as you agree, you're not at fault for RECEIVING an email with whatever content. People really need to learn toat no e-mail, facebook comment or Tweet is guaranteed to remain secret, and one should comment in such forms as though it would be reprinted on the office bulletin board.
I don't see why you should, or even how you could, apologise to the offended colleage - YOU didn't do anything wrong. Apologising will suggest that you did. If she mentions it to you make it clear you disapprove of what happened and wish it hadnt. Otherwise, maybe a discrete silence.

Posted by: Christina | 2013-02-06

How did this e-mail get out in the first place? Has it been sent to several adresses at once or did the IT guy discover that. Remember when at work you there to work. Not worry or talk about other people. That you do after hours when you not at work.

Reply to Christina
Posted by: My thoughts | 2013-02-05

Why apologies just because you''ve been caught out. I doubt you would have felt the need to apologise if the mail had not accidently been revealed.

Reply to My thoughts