Question
Posted by: Remona | 2010/11/03

Eigth year old daughter overweight

Please advise the best route to go , my daughter is 8 years old and weigh 57 kg . I''ts a living nightmare , please help

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hello Remona,
To reiterate what the last commentator said, please do not follow the advice of Jacqui and have your young daughter already fall into the dreadful habit of taking appetite suppressants or trying special diets. Although your daughter is likely overweight (you did not provide me with her height), I suggest you first consult a registered dietician yourself and gain some solid and sensible advice on how to provide your daughter with a well-structure, well-balanced and moderated diet with a good balance of food groups. Your daughter should not feel that she is on a special diet unlike those of her peers, but enjoy good wholesome food and get good moderate exercise. Should she not respond favourably to this intervention, you will then need to consider a medical cause for her elevated weight and consult with an endocrinologist/paediatrician. But, first things first, get her into a balanced, healthy lifestyle. No tricks, bno short cuts. No gimmicks! OK!
Regards,
Graham

3
Posted by: Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert | 2010/11/16

Hello Remona,
Regards,
Graham

Reply to Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert
Posted by: NO | 2010/11/10

Please do NOT listen to the above person. That''s the worst thing you can do to your daugther, teaching her to go on diets and taking stuff for weight loss at that age will be sure to give her eating disorders for the rest of her life. Rather ask dietdoc your question she will be able to help you.

Reply to NO
Posted by: jacqui | 2010/11/09

I can help your daughter. Pls visit Pur Aloe &  Hoodia Juice on Facebook &  see why our products is helping other overweight clients. 100% natural &  your daughter can use if you monitor her.
Jacqui

Reply to jacqui