Question
Posted by: Zama | 2011/03/25

Eglonyl 200mg/Eglonyl 50mg

Good day

I was put on Eglonyl last year due to postpartem depression (by my obs-gynae) and therafter due to low milk supply (by paediatrician).

I collected my script yesterday and the pills I was dispensed were Eglonyl Forte (200mg) to be taken twice day.

I have always been given Eglonyl 50mg (three times a day which comes to 150mg a day).

Also the script for this Eglonyl Forte was drawn by my GP. I am not sure if he could have made a mistake. Is there much of a difference between the 50mg and 200mg? I am just concerned with the sudden high dose and wonder if I can still continue breastfeeding with it?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Zama - Unless your GP informed you he's going to increase the dose, best would be to confirm with him before starting the higher dose product.

All the best!

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/03/28

All the best!

Reply to pharmacist