Question
Posted by: BS | 2010/10/13

Eggs on Ovaries

Hi, I went to the Gyno last week (5th) for a check up, since we want to try for a baby. He said everything is 100%. What I want to know is when we did the sonar he pointed out that he can see the eggs on my ovaries. Does it mean that I was busy ovulating? If so how long does it take to reach its destination? I need to know if fertility is/was high and when I could expect my period - since I haven''t had my period yet........

Hallo BS
When a woman is still ovulating, there will be ova (eggs) in various stages of development visible on the ovaries with a sonar. A easy way to determine when you ovulate is to take your temperature every morning before you get up. It will be around 36.7 but will increase with when you ovulate. See http://www.babycenter.com/0_detecting-ovulation_484.bc
One also can buy ovulation tests at pharmacies these days which will measure the LH hormone surge and giving you an indication of when you will ovulate.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/14

Hallo BS
dr Bets