Question
Posted by: Michelev | 2010/01/19

Eggs &  cholestrol

I' m exercising 5 x week, and following a good dietician food plan. My family history of cholestrol is very very high, thus I check mine often which is at 4.2. How many eggs can I safely have in a week without raising my cholestrol levels??

Dear Michelev
According to the Heart Foundation of SA, adult South Africans are advised not to eat more than 4 eggs per week. Make sure that you also do not add additional saturated fat during the preparation of the eggs. Eat boiled or poached eggs or scramble them in a non-stick pan or in the microwave. You can read more about low-cholesterol diets if you click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Food as medicine' and 'Healthy heart'.

1

Dear Michelev