Question
Posted by: Jacques | 2010/07/09

Eggs

Hi. Is it " dangerous"  to drink raw egg for protein intake? I have heard that one can become sick because of the pores in the shell allows bacteria to get through? If not, how can one make it more tastier (if that will ever be possible) Have a fabulous Friday!!

HI Jacques

There is concern over it, yes. I'm no food microbiologist, so I wouldn't know the specific reasons for it. I think in general, eggs can be a little risky for bacteria if not cooked properly.

I'm also not convinced that raw egg beats the powders (with the exception of cost, that is) or even a decent diet. I think the risk is small, and so you may decide to take it. You could mix it with milk and sugar - isn't that an egg-nog? The Americans seem to think that egg-nog is quite a treat. You might try that.

Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/07/20

HI Jacques

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc