Question
Posted by: ADHDude | 2010/05/08

Effexor Will Ruin how Ritalin works. Warning Warning Warning

Hi Doctor I am affriad that I have damning evdience from the internet that effexor withdrawals can last up to 10 years and or a life time. It also damages the receptors which Ritalin uses so people on Ritalin will not be able to ever take ritalin again withoutout horrific adverse reactions. This is a catastrpy for me and many others who used to do well on Ritalin until given effexor. Most doctors do not know how severe these withdrawals and neurotransmittor damage is. Most doctors education on drugs is based on scientific research funded by drug companies. How can 10 000 000 patients on the internet be wrong. Thanks to my -|- ed up doctor. My ritalin will never work properly again. I am sad because I know what I have said is true. Do me a favour doctor. Google effexor side effects and just look. And then look how it damages the same receptors that the safer drug Ritalin uses. I think there must be something done about this.

It doesn't have to be a catastrophe, so long as you work with a good local doc to work out the best alternatives for YOU, to deal with particular problems, rather than more theoretical issues.
I have never recommended Effexor, for other reasons, as long-time readers know

1