Question
Posted by: Mollie again | 2008/09/26

Effexor and Molipaxin

Doctor,

It is me again, I had the question on the Effexor and Molipaxin taken together. I think my doctor' s plan is to see if the Molipaxin works for me and then eventually get me completely off the Effexor. I have another question. My doctor prescribed the generic of Ciprimal a while back which I also never took. Is this a better combination and will this help more for the anxiety???
What other medication for anxiety have you had good results with. Please advise. I would like to discuss this with my doctor

Hmmm. If the Effexor is working, it ought to be enough to just remain on it. If it isn't working, the only reason to remain on it would be to gradually rather than suddenly withdraw it. Cipramil and its generics like Cilift, is an excellent antidepressant, on its own. There is usually no need at all to combine antidepressants except in rare and special circumstances. The SSRI's, including Cilift / Cipramil can be effective in regard to anxiety, too. I also have seen good results with Buspirone / Buspar, which is a non sedative, non-benzo anti-anxiety drug which works well in combination with SSRI's like Cilift/Cipramil

1
Posted by: christ1806 | 2008/10/05

...due to my medical aid not covering cipralex 10mg, my GP, after two months of usage on cipralex 10mg switched me to cilift 20mg and combined 10mg pasrin/buspar 3x/day as needed for my acute anxiety/panic attacks? i have decided to take only 10mg pasrin with my cilift 20mg in the morning?

Reply to christ1806