Posted by: LUMA | 2008-11-03

My Husband and I are going through a bit of a rough patch in our marriage lately and we' ve been arguing alot and we' ve had a few hard word in our 8 month old' s presence, I' ve noticed that she' s been making a new noise lately that sounds like she' s yelling at us or it sound like she is frustrated. Could it be a result of our verbal arguments or could she be frustrated seeing that she is at the age where she' s about to crawl and can' t quite master the art of crawling. I' m not sure if it' s normal for an 8 month old to be this frustrated or angry (she looks angry sometimes). She will sit and play and then look up at us and make a yelling noise and then her face goes all red. Hope my explanation makes sense.

I'm sure frustration and anger are natural and start young --- whether she is by these noises expressing her own anger or imitating what she hears and feels from the pair of you, is less clear. Why not see a marriage counsellor together, and have a happier kid ?

Posted by: Me | 2008-11-03

Whatever people say, arguments have an effect on a child, no matter how young they are, I know because Ive experienced it with my son. Two times after we argued heavily, he started screaming in his sleep and woke up very upset, we couldnt calm him for two hours, he cried himself to sleep. It never happened again after that, because we didnt argue in front of him again, If you can, try to wait till babba is asleep before confronting each other about anything that you know has the potential to develop into an argument.....not always easy but for your childs sake try, because its not only hard on little ones, its also unfair to put them through that

Reply to Me