Question
Posted by: Worried | 2008/07/03

Effects of Lamectin on male fertility

My husband has been on lamectin for 6-7 years at 25mg per day. We have been TTC since February and no luck. I was wondering if the Lamectin could have any effect on his fertility or the quality of his sperm?
Please help!! I am desperate to have a baby and keep worrying that it will never happen and want to cover all the bases.

Dear Worried
In the vast majority of cases Lamactin should have no direct impact on sperm production or quality. However, occasionally there may be a raise prolactin level associated which indeed may negatively impact on the sperm parameters. I would therefore advise that a routine sperm analysis be done at this point and if necessary a serum prolactin level (blood test) be done as well.