Question
Posted by: Adel | 2008/09/29

Effects of Far-infrared Sauna on botox

Please could you tell me how/if using a far-infrared sauna could affect those who have had botox treatments? I understand that using the sauna removes toxins from the body and was just wondering what effect it would have on those who have undergone botox procedures - would it perhaps reduce the favourable effects of botox and hence reduce the duration of those results?

Hi Adel
botox injections are made of the toxin of the bacteria Clostridium botulinum - the toxin causes paralysis of certain muscles, ironing out wrinkles. As soon as the muscle is paralysed, the effect of the toxin is complete for the next 3-4 months. The infrared sauna would not affect this as it won't affect the nerve endings of the muscles.
dr Bets