Question
Posted by: BABS | 2010/03/08

EFFECTS OF DAGGA

We are living in a block of flats and there are some guys 2 flats down who smoke dagga on a regular basis, when the wind blows the smoke is blown into our flat, we all end up feeling sick and having breathing problems. I am asthmatic and suffer from a heart condition, my 13 year old son suffers from excercise induced asthma. I often have to use my asthma pumps more regularly than before.

My question is what can the effect on our health be, since we moved in there we have been suffering from insomnia at night and then wanting to sleep during the day. Could this be from the smoke inhalation or side effects from the dagga?

Hallo Babs
It is unlikely that you will inhale enough dagga smoke if they live 2 flats away from you - you will only get side effects if people smoke in a closed room near you. There may be something else irritating your lungs like a nearby factory that emits Sulpur containing fumes.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/03/08

Hallo Babs

Reply to cyberdoc