Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2010/10/19

Effects from medication

My periods are almost always the same time and the same duration. However I took Malanil for Malaria and a week after my period started early and lasted about two weeks. The first week is very little blood but it is a pinkish/orange colour and then continues as normal for another week. This month the same happened and my stomach swells so badly I can’ t fit into my clothes and it’ s painful.

Could this be from the meds, and will it go away on it’ s own?

Hallo Concerned
Normally Malanil does not cause any such side effects, so there may be something else the matter - you may have an ovarian cyst or hormonal imbalance and I think you should rather go for an examination by your doctor. He may need to request a sonar or blood tests to determine the cause of your symptoms.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/20

Hallo Concerned