Question
Posted by: Junky | 2009-01-11

Effect on Weight

Hi, I just want to know if eating a chocolate/ice cream/ chips every now and again (say about once a week) REALLY effects your weight? I mean if a person gets at least 30 minutes of brisk walking a day, and eats healthy most of the time, does it really have such a big impact?

Dear Junky
Wishing you all the best for 2009. You can certainly eat small portions of high-energy foods like chocolate, ice cream or chips once in awhile without this having too drastic an effect on weight gain. If these moderate snacks are not overdone and if you are physically active as mentioned then this will not have a big impact. However if having this type of snack becomes a daily habit and you start eating larger portions then it will hamper weightloss.