Question
Posted by: ann | 2008/07/14

Efexor XR

Can Efexor Xr 75mg, 1 a day, help with menopausal hotflushes and slight moodswings? I have been prescribed this and only when reading the enclosed pamflet found out it is an antidepressant!! I am not depressed!!!. Are they addictive? I dont take tablets at all. I was under the impression I was given a natural HRT.

I don't see how it would hange the flushing itself, only that it would help relieve a chemical depression if that was part of the picture and was decreasing your abiolity to tolerate the flushes. It is ONLY an anditepdressant, and not used for hormonal effects. They are not addictive, though like most meds that affect your state of mind, one should eventually stop them gradually rather than suddenly. And they are anything but natural !

1
Posted by: pk | 2008/07/14

menopausal moodswings yes it can help.

Reply to pk