Question
Posted by: dw | 2009/10/08

EFA' s

Hi Doc. Im trying to increase EFA' s in my diet. Is having a 1/4 of a large avo + flaxseed oil on my salad too much? I sometimes add salmon as well. Thanks.

Dear DW
No, I don't think that having 1/4 of an avo and flaxseed oil on salad plus salmon now and then as excessive. All fish contain some omega-3 fatty acids, but salmon, mackerel, and sardines have higher levels.
You can also used Salmon oil capsules to boost omega-3. The avo will provide you with monounsaturated fatty acids which can also be obtained from olive and canola oil.