Question
Posted by: Christina | 2010/03/03

eeg

Was vir EEG uitslag abnormaal soos ek verstaan van dr se sekt
is dit epilesie in die linkerlob van die brein, ek kry ek egter skerp pyne in die linker kan van kop moet ek MIR gaan doen
en kan die vlg med dalk die oorsaak wees cymbalta en serquel
My dr tans oorsee is dit gevaarlik moet ek afskrif van verslag na ander dr neem, ek regtig bekommerd

Many of us show some abnormalities in an EEG ( which records the patterns of tiny electrical impulses in our brain ), many of these are not understood or relevant.
But several types of epilepsy can have fauirly charfacteristic patterns in the EEG, and i can help to locate the main area of irritability.
Sharp pains in the head would be unusual in relation to the sort of pattern described. But I'm sure your doctor, who ordered and read the detailed report on the EEG, would be best able to advise you on whether an MRI scan would be useful. The EEG and the MRI measure very different aspects of brain function and structure, so one, like the EEG might pick up something the other would miss.
Some medications can cause some changes in brain patterns on the EEG, as can the suddetn withdrawal of some such meds, so the neurologist or whoever is supervising the EEG should have asked about that.
Now, I can't guess what this other doctor has found in terms of interpreting the EEG results. Maybe, if he considers that it shows a degree of possible epileptic activity, it might be worth trying some medication to control that, and see what benefits that might have. Tell him you are concerned, and ask if it would be best to go ahead now, or to wait for the return of your regular doc.

1