Question
Posted by: Leabile | 2009/04/23

Edometriosis

I suffer from endometriosis (heavy painful period pains, vomiting during periods, frequency in urination daily and infertility), and one of the daily symptoms is that I experience hot flushes at 33. I am HIV + and I had just read on the net that the solution may be to go on the Depo-Provera (used as a form of contraception). My question is will the injection have an effect on my cd4 count or condition.

Dear Leabile
No Depo won't influence your CD4 count or your status. However, the hot flushes could be due to underlying infection (e.g. TB) or hormonal imbalances (premature menopause) so you need to first go for a medical examination and some blood tests.