Question
Posted by: Fatgirl | 2010/08/29

EDNOS

hi, ive been bouncing around with the weight for the past 5 yrs,
First i was like 90, then in 2006-7 i was down to 48 and now im in the 80''s again!

Ive been on pro-ana sites sinds round 2005, but i dont really post there, those girls dont care about fat girls, its hard because mostly you go there for support, the only thing i do is read the tips and tricks..

Recently, i found a product here in Europa called Kilo Off, so 5 days ago i weighhed 83, and this morning it was 81,5 is it really that stuff or is it just some stress and bad emotions, because for 5 months i stayed around 83 kg.. im 1,63m so in fact im obese!

I hate myself for the way i look.

A lady i know said i have eating disorder not otherwise specified because i make myself vomit after every meal and starve myself for some days - its control, but starving and vomiting made me lose weight before, now not anymore..

when will mealtime stop being the war?

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hi there,

Yes, technically you don’t fall into the category of bulimia nervosa, as you do not appear to precede each purge (vomiting) with bingeing. However diagnoses are less important than the details of the damage that you are inflicting on your body. EDNOS simply describes eating disorders that do not fit comfortably into the few definable ones with strict criteria. Your purging each meal and attempting to be restrictive is very damaging and very concerning. You have been everything from underweight (when you weighed 48 kilograms) to obese when your weight has exceeded 80 kilograms. It appears that you have been at war with yourself through your relationship with food for some years now. I suggest you reflect on the cost you have incurred and consider declaring peace on your body before you do further irreparable harm. Have your considered seeing a registered dietician in order to engage in a moderated and healthy way of eating? Furthermore, have you considered entering into therapy (if you haven’t already done so), as you might need to explore what’s emotionally happening behind the scenes of your food wars? Therapy will need to first help you to practically implement a healthier lifestyle. Remember, there are no short cuts and magical potions. The only way to find and maintain stability in your body is to treat it in a stable and moderated manner. Simple as that.

Regards,

Graham

1
Posted by: Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert | 2010/08/30

Hi there,

Regards,

Graham

Reply to Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert