Question
Posted by: Hospital | 2008/06/27

Edenvale hospital

Hi guys, not sure where you some of you stay - but hoping you would be able to assist me.
Has anyone been or seen Edenvale Hospital? Does it look or is the treatment of patients decent. My cousin has a choice to either go to Edenvale or Willem Cruywagen for childbirth and am wondering which one is better btw the 2. They are both govt hospitals.

Thanks...

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Unfortunately, I am situated in Somerset West, Cape Town and am therefore, unable to give advice on these two hospitals. I suggest that your cousin go to these two hospitals and to decide for herself which of the two is the best.

Kind regards

2
Posted by: experience | 2008/07/07

Don't know how Willem Cruywagen is, but my mother was in Edenvale about 18 months ago./ The food is absolutely terrible, and most of the patients have their food brought to them by relatives. Night time staff are absolute b......., when my mother - who was then 83, asked for help to get to the toilet she was told "P*s in jou bed". Needless to say, we did not dare report it to authorities, as revenge would have been taken, in ways we shudder to think about.

Reply to experience
Posted by: Jen | 2008/06/30

I have been to Edenvale Hospital before and the service was excellent.

Reply to Jen