Posted by: steven | 2011-05-09

ED - which expert best to see?!

Hi doc,

Been experiencing some erection failure with a new partner, which is bugging me alot and is putting strain on the relationship.

Who is the best to see, should I book a session with a urologist first up, should i go to a general GP, mens health clinic!?

Please advice.

Dear Steven,

If your GP is sensitive to the holistic approach to understanding human sexuality, you could start with him/her, who could first address and assess for the possible medical contributors to ED and also do a general assessment of your sexual relationship and then refer you on to the next appropriate professional which if need be could be a urologist or a sex therapist or both.