Question
Posted by: Frenchy | 2012/06/20

ED

Ok who can help? I am a man of 53 with type 2 Diabetes which I keep control. I wave regular natural erections in the morning and sometimes I wake up at night with erections. I am also on Cialis 20mgI have a new girl friend who is really hot. The problem is I do not maintain an erection during foreplay and it is really bugging me.

Why can’ t I get an erection and what can I do to rectify the problem. Please! What can I do?

You mention that you have nocturnal and morning erections which is good. You have not mentioned whether you are happy with your erections when you attempt penetration but you have said that you are not happy with your erection during foreplay as the erection is not maintained. Firstly it is important to know that 50% of men at the age of 50 will be affected by erectile dysfunction. It is also important to know that as one ages, it is important to spend more time on foreplay and to use more direct stimulation to the penis in order for erection to occur. You mention that you have Type 2 Diabetes which may contribute to ED and we call this an organic cause. We also know that if one is anxious about performance, if the relationship is not good, or if too much focus is on the erection or performance then erectile dysfunction may also occur. We call this psychogenic ED. It can be that one is affected by a combination of the two. It would be important to try to focus more on the sensations and sexual stimulation and let things flow rather than to be too focussed on the quality of the erection.

I am also wondering how you use the cialis and what your expectations of the drug are? It is important to know that initial attempts on use of these drugs may be unsatisfactory. You may need more doses (4-8). Your erection may not be as firm as expected and may vary from time to time as do normal erections. Sexual response may be impaired if you are stressed, tired or anxious. The drugs need adequate sexual stimulation in order to work. It is important to know that you need to take it quite a long time before you attempt intercourse. If using Cialis you may even need to take it 12 hours before intercoure. I hope that all this imformation has helped you.
For further information please consult SASHA’s website at www.sexualhealth.qw.co.za/dru. If necessary, for referral to a professional in your vicinity, please send an email to helpline.sasha@gmail.com

5
Posted by: jk | 2012/06/25

during foreplay i am semi erect- then when trying to penetrate little or no hard erection- and early ejacualation. i am diabetic(controlled) need help- any substance can give me a hard erection for at least 15-20 minutes. or should i see a physician -please help

Reply to jk
Posted by: jk | 2012/06/25

Reply to jk
Posted by: Peter | 2012/06/21

Shame ED sucks...

That means it is game over for you. Once you are on too much meds it will affect your performance big time.

Reply to Peter
Posted by: sexologist | 2012/06/21

Reply to sexologist
Posted by: Frenchy | 2012/06/20

Also I must add I am not obese. I''ve heard about Maximor. Is it any good?

Reply to Frenchy