Question
Posted by: ed | 2011/04/28

ed

I went to see a urlologist a few months ago about ed, and he ran loads of test, eg testosterone ...etc and sent me to a physcian specilast/endogrine to check for tumors etc but i came bacl all clear( which is good), however im in my 20''s and still experiencing ed he gave me Ciallas which works well :) .

However i feel like i have a low sex drive and i never use to and i never sufferd from ed, do perphaps have any ideas, as this is really affecting my life?

regards
Ed

It is good that you have seen a urologist and that the tests that have been done are normal. It is also good that the medication given to you is helping.

Erectile problems may occur for a number of possible reasons, the most problematic of all is serious health issues and so it is good that you have had a physical check up.

It seems that all is well on the physical front, it is likely that the difficulty is explained by a psychological block - e.g. fear of sexual failure/poor performance (e.g. losing erection, ejaculating too quickly, partner is not orgasmic or has pain during sex); anger at partner. Psychological factors like this essentially block the normal working of the sexual response and can be addressed through couple work with an experienced professional.

The treatment options for ED - are both pharmaceutical and psychosexual. You seem to have had some success using pharmaceutical methods but it may be a good idea to see a health professional experienced in the area of sex therapy. Please contact the SASHA (South African Sexual Health Association) helpline Tel -0860 100 262 for referral.

1
Posted by: Sexologist | 2011/04/29

Reply to Sexologist