Question
Posted by: Joe | 2010/05/17

ED

I have asked this question twice before but don''t get an answer, here we go again:
I am taking Cialis 5mg everyday, my erection is not as hard as it should be, therefore can I take Viagra 100 to boost the erection or will there be a problem.
Please advise if okay to combine the two or not.
Thanks,

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Joe

Both of your previous questions HAVE been answered.

Combining the two should not be life threatening (although such a high dose of Viagra would not be advised - 50 mg would be better option).

A scientific study that examined the effect and
safety of combining 2 PDE5 Inhibitors (i.e. Viagra and cialis) showed a similar efficacy and safety profile compared to using a single maximal dosage of only one agent (that is why I previously suggestes the "once of" cialis).

The study did show that mixed half-dose administration of 2 different PDE5 Inhibitors, may be beneficial after failure of
using a single maximal-dosage PDE5i.

Further study and a larger number of patients is however needed to validate these findings.

2
Posted by: Joe | 2010/05/18

Many thanks, that is what I wanted to know.

Reply to Joe
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/05/18

Hi Joe

using a single maximal-dosage PDE5i.

Reply to pharmacist