Question
Posted by: Awe | 2010/02/21

ED

i use to masturbate everyday, but now i have a problem. i cant maintain my erection for more than one minute. everytime i want to have sex with my girl friend, my penis fails me. i loose my erection quickly. can it be that i have been masturbating everday in the past few months? but i heard that it helps to improve sexual activity.

Regular masturbation should generally not be a problem. However take note of the intensity and pressure that you use during masturbation – i.e. too much friction could have a negative impact on your erection ability or quality. The fact that you are managing an erection during masturbation should be an indication that you should be able to get one during intercourse. It might however be that you are a bit more anxious about performing when you are with your girlfriend and that could contribute to experiencing some difficulties.

You are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information : www.sexualhealth.co.za or phone our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted in finding a practitioner that you could go and see as close as possible to you.

1
Posted by: sexologist | 2010/02/26

Reply to sexologist