Posted by: ANRE | 2012-07-26

Hi, I have been getting bad eczema outbreaks on my hands.

I''ve been to dermatologists who said " you are allergic to something, here are some creams to alleviate the itchiness and pain" ... but never gave me a real indication of what is actually causing the problem!

My pharmacist recently recommended that cut out all soaps and chemicals. I bath in bath oil and potassium sprinkles, I wash with Epizone ointment etc. But the outbreaks seem worse now.

I am getting desperate! Can you perhaps give my any alternative advice... perhaps of chemicals I should avoid or particular foods that are bad etc.

Also are there allergy tests out there to determine allergies for certain FOODS and CHEMICALS?? And if so, where do you have these done??

You can consult your nearest private hospital for a referral to an allergy specialist. He/she can determine what you are allergic to by means of blood tests. Eczema can be due to a reaction within the body itself, without the presence of any external elements. In such a case, all that you can do is to manage your eczema. It is a very difficult condition to treat satisfactory.

Posted by: John Connely | 2012-07-31

I went the same route, my eczema triggered with stress. Cortisone thinned my skin and only soothed symptoms. I used Axhilirit Eczema Cream for2 months last year.Touch wood, no flare-ups since.

Reply to John Connely
Posted by: time | 2012-07-26

eczema on hands is usually contact dermatitis which means you wer in contact with something and its not caused by something you ingested.

I find that taking care of my liver and detoxing does help my body handle the histamines , therefore i dont react so badly.

I generally use topical steroids(potent0 just to clear it , then to maintain i use plain vaseline or palmers cocoa butter .

To wash i either use Aqueous cream or sunlight green bar.

I used to have eczema all over my body and face, nw ive been controlling it for 5years nw.

Good Luck with the dermatologists. I stopped wasting my money after 20years of not seeing results.

Reply to time