Question
Posted by: bianca | 2012/05/04

ECZEMA

WHAT CAN I USE FOR ECZEMA FOR MY DAUGHTER SHE IS 16 YEARS OLD

Expert ImagePharmacist

Eczema causes patches of dry, intensely itchy skin, which usually appear on the face, hands, wrists, and scalp, and in the creases of the knees and elbows. It is often linked to allergies and certain factors can trigger eczema. Try to avoid any that affect you.

Although there is no cure for eczema, you can take
these steps to help control the symptoms.

Bathe only once a day using warm not hot water,
and don’t use perfumed bath products. Use a
moisturiser instead of soap (e.g. Emulsifying Ointment (Ung. Emulsificans)) or add an oil such as Oilatum to the bath. Immediately afterward, apply a moisturiser again to soften and seal
moisture into your skin. Apply moisturizer generously throughout the day to the affected
areas.

For small, resistant patches of eczema, use a
mild hydrocortisone cream to relieve inflammation, but for no longer than a week. Apply sparingly, and not to your face unless your doctor tells you otherwise.

2
Posted by: Pixi7 | 2012/05/09

I have eczema, and very afraid to use cortisone, I struggle with it A LOT at certain times of the year. I bath in Epizone Milk bath which really does do wonders for my skin. I do use mild creams like Stopitch, which is inexpensive, when it really gets out of hand but only for a few days. Try the milkbath, its not oily, its fragrance free and soothes the skin. The whole Epizone range is catered for people with skin problems, they range from soap to shampoo.

Reply to Pixi7
Posted by: pharmacist | 2012/05/07

areas.

Reply to pharmacist