Question
Posted by: Fee | 2012/02/17

Eczema

Hi Doc.
Was using dovate cream for my eczema, but just recently found out that it thins the skin. What other cream can I use that is as effective as dovate, because my eczema clears up within a day or two when using the dovate. I especially get outbreaks on my face and lower neck area when it is very hot or when I am stressed. I also take a dose of deselex.
Thanking you advance for you response.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Fee

Dovate is a corticosteroid cream, and unfortunately most steroid preparations will potentially cause thinning of skin with log-term use. Recommending another steroid is therefore not the answer.
A better option would be to limit your use of Dovate to a minimum (i.e. only when really necessary), and even to thin it or alternate it with a moisturing cream you find suitable.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2012/02/20

Hi Fee

Reply to pharmacist