Posted by: Fay | 2011-09-21

Hi Doc, I suffer from eczema especially in summer due to heat and time spent in pool etc. I try my utmost to stay away from these but due to family getaways etc it is not always possible to stay indoors most of the time. I usually take allergex tablets and apply dovate cream to the affected area. However it doesnt seem to be working as fast as it use to before. The dovate cream helps alot but is there perhaps another antihistamine tablet which I can use which is good. I remember my Doc once prescribed a small blue tablet, but that was a while back and I unfortunately cannot remember the name but it was also an antihistamine and worked well. Your advice / input would be appreciated.. Thanking you in advance.

I suggest that you reconsult a dermatologist, as dovate is very strong and can cause severe thinning of the skin. You can Cetirizine 10mg tablets, as these tablets work well for allergic skin reactions.