Posted by: Denise | 2009-09-22

I have eczema on my eyelids for the past 6 weeks. The lids are swollen, inflamed and very dry. I hava had the condition previously - 5 years ago and was given a cream containing cortisone which I found damaged the skin. i am not sure what to use now and have been using tissue oil to try and replace the moisture in the skim.
Please help!

Hi Denise
Tissue oil and moisturizing is important but won't help for the inflammation - please see a dermatologist - you may need some of the new medications like tacrolimus if cortisone doesn't work. What damage did the cortisone do?

Posted by: Denise | 2009-09-29

Dr. Bets thank you for your reply. When I previously used cortisone cream (on and off over a 3 year period) the skin on my eyelids became thin and fragile causing premature aging.

Reply to Denise