Posted by: Connie | 2009-04-06

I have very dry flaky skin on my face and body and hairline. I understand that there are certain foods and products that can aggrivate it. I wanted to go for a allergy test because I' m getting married in Nov09 and want my skin to be soft and lovely for my husband. My mom says I must make a list of foods I eat and avoid dairy and wheat and should not worry to have the test done because they will give me a list of things that can cause it and will tell me to elimate and reintroduce it to see what exactly makes my skin worse. What do you say?

Dear Connie
Your mother is right, one should try and find out which foods aggravate the condition as the blood tests are quite expensive and you can't test for everything. Most common culprits are dairy, wheat, citrus, nuts, tomatoes, seafood and eggs. Try evening primrose oil supplements and avoid soap, wash with Elizabeth Ann babyshampoo or UEA ( aqeous cream) as a soap. Use a good moisturizer like UEA or Epizone A