Posted by: Kedi | 2009-01-21

I am a 32 female and have a problem of Eczema on my face. It' s very itchy and irritating. I have been to several dermatologist but none of them seem to be able to help me. I am using Elocon cream on my face but as soon as I stop using it, two to three days, the eczema re-appears. I am really desperate to get it healed as it is really affecting my skin. Please help.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Kedi, thank you for the question.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net and furthermore, eczema may be difficult to treat. From your history there may be an association with an allergen. If you have not had blood tests (IGE, and RAST) then my advice would be to have these done and see if your family doctor can pinpoint a specific allergen which hopefully you can avoid. One could have these reactions to topical products that range from face creams to even your shampoo or conditioner. There have also been some breakthroughs in treating both eczema and psoriasis with LED lights known as Photo Dynamic Therapy or PDT (Omnilux) and this may be something you can look into. Another treatment that has shown success in some patients is phototherapy using UV lights. I hope the above options will help you and my suggestion is to discuss them with your dermatologist.

Posted by: Dr Alek Nikolic | 2009-02-07

Hi Eva, my advice is to consult a dermatologist so that the areas may be examined and the appropriate treatment prescribed. There are a number of reasons for what you are experiencing, from infections, dermatitis, to auto immune diseases.

Reply to Dr Alek Nikolic
Posted by: eva | 2009-02-02

I have had this problem for a year now. The skin on my face has whitened in areas of hair growth, thats upper lip, eyeborws and forehead. The hair has been falling out and there seems to be a slight itch. There seems to be hardly regrowth and thats worrying. Please help

Reply to eva