Question
Posted by: lolly | 2008/07/11

Eczema

hi there, My daughter (5) has eczema and i have been given different ointments and pills to give to her by several doctors nothing helps. areas affected are torso, knees, elbows and forehead. what can i try as a last resort. do Omega 3 tablets work on eczema. i am told she will outgrow it eventually help please she swims so she becomes very self conscious

Expert ImagePharmacist

L

You can try adding Oilatum to her bath. Also use emulsifying ointment as a soap instead of any other soaps. An Omega supplement is also a good idea.

Another option that has shown brilliant results is a cream called Xiuli - To order this you can email dermpharm@gmail.com

1
Posted by: PK | 2008/07/17

There is so many things to try but i would like to suggest something, When she baths add some Salt (not table salt) to the bath water.

There is also a cream called AI Lipocream or Elidel cream that has worked for some of my clients..

Jaques
Pharmacist

Reply to PK