Question
Posted by: Worried | 2008-11-27

Ectopic pregnancy

Hi Doc,

I am 31yrs old and this was my 1st baby. I had an Ectopic pregnancy and it had already bursted my fallopian tubes. So on the 21st Oct I had a operatarion to remove the damaged tube, I was about 5 weeks preg. Even after 4 weeks my other side that still has the tube is numb. On the 25th of Nov I started my periods and on the 2nd day my vagina was swollen but not the wound fust underneath it going down and I had period pains. I went to my Gynae and he said it is fine and just prescribed the pain tablets. Is it really fine or should I go for another advice?

Thanks Doc

The period sounds normal. It does take 6 weeks for things to heal, so it sounds normal.